Sequestration Meal #535

 


A naturally vibrant meal: creamy beet pasta (recipe from Crowded Kitchen), steamed carrots, a mushroom and spinach sauté, and a few slices of smoked tofu.

I've wanted to make the beet pasta for a really long time and I'm so glad I finally did! I cut the recipe in half which I think made it harder to blend, so I did have a struggle getting the sauce smooth, but eh, you live and learn. I'd make a full recipe next time because it was so good and so fun! We don't eat enough bright pink food. (Don't bring up "Pink Sauce" to me, though. Not going there!)

Although I made the pasta with protein penne I still felt I needed something more to round it out, and fortunately I had some smoked tofu in the fridge. I also wanted to balance out the colors, so that's why (in addition to needing to use them up) I made the veggies.

Would you have tried beet pasta if you were still having dairy? I wouldn't have. Sometimes, veganism is just plain more fun.

Comments

  1. Beets taste like dirt to me. No matter how they are prepared. I want to like them, but I find the taste so off putting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love beetroot! And I love how they make things pink! This looks so colourful and gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts