Sequestration Meal #541

 


I've made this recipe for sweet potato coconut milk stew with lentils and kale from The First Mess before; I'd forgotten this but it seemed familiar and then I found the original post I wrote about it here. This time I had enough coconut milk, so it was a bit creamier, and I soaked my lentils for a few hours before cooking, because I'm finding that it's a lot less frustrating for me to use lentils when I soak them. It's a good cold weather recipe, full of flavor and veggies and just the right amount of spicy. Just as I did the first time around, I had the stew with some rice; this time I also had fresh cilantro for a garnish.

I'm having an extraordinarily hard time lately. I planned to make this stew a week ago. But fortunately the ingredients are relatively sturdy, and they were all still good when I needed them. Taking care of myself is not easy these days, but here and there I manage. You may not get as many posts this week; I don't actually know yet. But I do know that I'm proud of the efforts I'm making under extraordinary strain. I am learning to trust myself in this regard. I'm trying hard enough. There may be a lot of sandwiches and peanut butter ramen in my life right now, and I may spend more time than I'd like trying to find my footing again. But I know I will do my best and in general I do succeed at true self care, which is about the basics of ensuring you have what you need to thrive, not just buying random stuff.

Take care of yourselves, too.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts