Sequestration Meal #371

 


Sometimes a well seasoned bowl of rice, veggies, and lentils is just what one needs. This is the Ginger Sweet Potato Coconut Milk Stew with Lentils and Kale from The First Mess (that's a mouthful but it's very descriptive!) and some steamed rice. It was such a lovely meal for chilly weather! A bit spicy, but to my tastes, just the right amount of spicy, and also so pretty with the dark green and orange peeking out of the creamy brown lentil stew. 

I cut the recipe in half and I didn't have a full half a can of coconut milk, which is likely why mine isn't so light in color as the original recipe, but honestly that doesn't matter. If I'd had it I would have put it in; as I didn't I managed to use up what I had in a delicious way. Sometimes it's okay to just use recipes as a general guide, I think.

The rice went really well with this, but I think such things usually cry out for rice, don't you?

Comments

  1. The rice was definitely a good choice. This looks perfect for chilly weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup! This one is totally up my alley! Looks and sounds amazing and I really want some now!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not that hard to make, so if you do have it I hope you enjoy it!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts