Sequestration Meal #370

 


This meal can mostly be made ahead and then just baked; you'll have to bread the tofu just before you bake it and steam some asparagus when you're ready to pull things out of the oven and there you have it! This is sour cream and onion tofu nuggets (recipe from Feed Feed's The Vegan Sara), steamed asparagus with lemon, and scalloped potatoes (vegan recipe from Nora Cooks). My potatoes may have been slightly too saucy since the dish didn't hold its shape when cut but really I don't mind that at all. They were delicious.

The tofu nuggets were breaded and baked, but used the ingenious method of toasting the panko bread crumbs first so they had a good golden color no matter what. The recipe didn't tell me to press my tofu so I didn't, but if I were to make this again I would do that next time, because I would have liked these nuggets better f they were a bit firmer. I also think I'd like larger tofu steaks than these nugget-sized pieces, although the smaller size probably lets them soak in more of the marinade.

Comments

  1. This looks great! I love that tip of toasting the panko first. Mine never go nice and golden all over in the oven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might also help to spray them with a bit of oil, but I agree: Never seems to get evenly golden for whatever reason.

      Delete
  2. Hi there! A couple years ago I believe we followed each others blogs (I was on blogger but started from scratch with a new blog) and am now over at https://myblissfuljourney.mystrikingly.com/ - would love for you to stop by and maybe we can reconnect again! Let me know in my comments if it's ok if I link you. Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stopped by and left a comment--totally fine to link up and I look forward to catching up with your posts!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts