Thermos 3-Tier Bento #53

 


This is a pretty successful lunch-packing effort! First, I have this cozy autumn wild rice and veggie soup (recipe from Gimme Some Oven), apple slices, peanut butter, and some Tofurky ham salad I made on toasted oat nut bread.

This ham salad wasn't exactly the salad of my dreams, but it was pretty good! I know you can't see it up there, but it was essentially finely chopped Tofurky ham roast, red onion, celery, sweet pickle relish, some Vegenaise, and a bit of mustard.

Also, this little loaf of oat nut bread was just the right size! If a sandwich is a side, I'd usually just make half, but I don't need to do that with these mini slices, which was fun.

The soup was so good. The broth was simple but really delicious--veggie broth made from Better than Bouillon, a bay leaf, Old Bay seasoning, and coconut milk. Who knew? Of course the veggies lend goodness to the broth, too, but I will definitely be trying that soup base at other times.

I had pulled the peanut butter out of the fridge and it was still cold in this photo, but by lunch time it was a lovely, runny dip. I love runny nut butter with fruit. Mmm.


Comments

  1. This sounds like the perfect autumn lunch.
    Oat nut bread sounds really nice, are there nuts on the top or is there nutmeal in with the actual bread itself?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a pretty common type of bread here, and there is a blend of oatmeal and hazelnuts inside, with a sprinkling of both on top, too. Because I'm choosing breads with more protein in them, if I can't find my usual multigrain and seed breads, I'll pick up oat nut.

      Delete
    2. Wow, that does sound amazing!

      Delete
  2. I need to get back into Bento Boxes for myself. Oddly enough, I have been suggesting them to my sister for my niece. But I need to listen to my own advice! LOL :).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts