Sakura 3-Tier Bento #64

 


It's been a while since I packed a lunch in this bento box! It's one of my favorites in terms of aesthetics--truly beautiful in real life--but it's not necessarily all that practical. Here I have my own recipe for cucumber-carrot salad with "honey" sesame dressing, Trader Joe's orange chick'n morsels with scallions, and steamed rice with nori furikake.

This salad is one of the reasons I'll probably not be buying low sodium soy sauce again. It used to sing; with low sodium soy sauce it's fine but nothing special. So if you do make this, use the salty soy sauce before you make judgments.

Comments

  1. This looks gorgeous! What a lovely lunch to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a fan of overly salty things either but this meal looks good! And I'm intrigued with the Trader Joe's product!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the Trader Joe's morsels are pretty much the same as the Gardein orange morsels, but these days Gardein is getting crowded out at my local shops by endless varieties of veggie nuggets. It would be good if that section expanded more and I could get more of my Gardein favorites! But at least Trader Joe's still has these.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts