Monbento Original #46

 


My brain wasn't functioning well on the morning I packed this. I was supposed to have more food. I was supposed to put the end of my Yves salami in the pasta salad. I was supposed to do all sorts of things. But I ended up with this, and at least it was tasty, even if it wasn't enough!

Alongside cucumber slices, I had pasta salad made from a somewhat unsuccessful pasta dish of gigli, grape tomatoes, garlic, and arugula (trust me, the arugula is in there somewhere). I mixed up a dressing of Vegenaise, bottled Italian dressing, and Violife Parmesan, and added that to the salad along with some bits of red onion and halved black olives. I topped it with fresh parsley. It was delicious, but missing the intended Yves salami!

What do you do if you forget to make half your lunch? As it was, I just made do with this and ate a big dinner, but if I'd been too hungry before this, I would have been forced to resort to a run to the convenience store for some pretzels and hummus.

Comments

Popular Posts