Sequestration Meal #372

 


I wasn't into Thanksgiving this year, but I did want some nice fall food while I was on my little vacation from the world. The pandemic has been awful, but it has also given me the blessing of knowing it's okay to retreat into these "sequestration" meals. They help!

So, here we have a fall feast: Butternut squash lasagna with kale and mushroom filling (recipe from Minimalist Baker) garnished with some Violife parmesan, some sautéed grape tomatoes, and green beans with garlic, mushrooms, and slivered almonds (roughly following this Food.com recipe). The green beans aren't burned; the recipe involved soy sauce and that made the mushrooms, almonds, and garlic very dark.

This had everything you want in a meal: Pretty colors, deliciousness, and the bounty of the season. Tomatoes may not count, really, but grape tomatoes can be grown indoors and one can get them year-round anyway so I'm going with it.

The butternut squash sauce for this lasagna was so good! I'd also have it with macaroni if I didn't want to make the effort of layering a lasagna. I made half a recipe and probably should have put it into a loaf pan, but I used an 8 x 8 dish instead, which is why my lasagna is short and squat rather than tall and thick, but I think that made it hold together better anyway.

We hold together as best we can. I hope you're taking care of yourselves out there!

Comments

  1. Sounds like another winner! And it photographs so well! Or should I say YOU are a great food photographer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm learning about it, in any case. But I'm still struggling with dealing with low light, so there are plenty of my meals I just don't show the world.

      Delete
  2. We're all just holding together the best we can... like a lasagne. This all sounds wonderful, I love butternut sauces. And those beans look so dark and savoury.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really good! I had a good break and it really helped. And hey, it's only three more weeks until the next break!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts