Insulated Jar & Sides #51

 


I don't know exactly what to call this, so I'll just kind of list it, in order of appearance:

1. Cocomels salted caramel chocolates
2. A steamed carrot
3. A rice dish I sort of made up after reading several similar recipes that was essentially a rice pilaf, but with some non-dairy creamer and white wine in the liquid and with Tofurky ham and peas added
4. The last two Morningstar Farms buffalo "wings" in my freezer with some ketchup

It was random; it was delicious and deeply satisfying. Sometimes that happens with lunch. The rice actually stayed warm in the insulated jar this time--I'd heated the jar with boiling water first, and I had the rice screaming hot when I put it inside. But at lunch it was just a bit warm. This is not that insulated of an insulated jar, but such is life.

Comments

  1. This looks like a great little selection for a snacky little lunch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I should have presented it as courses: The Nugget Course appetizer, the Carrot Second Course, the Rice Main Course, and the Cocomels Dessert Course.

      Delete
  2. That looks like a happily satisfying lunch!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts