Monbento Original #47 (Double Tier)

 


On one recent evening, when I'd stopped by the grocery store after work, I picked up a frozen vegan pizza for dinner because buying groceries and cooking is too much for one night. The pizza already had pepperoni and sausage, but for the leftovers I wanted to add some veggies, so I added mushrooms, olives, and spinach, plus a bit of Violife parmesan.

As I am now seemingly addicted to the midwestern habit of dipping pizza into ranch dressing, I made some of my creamy herb dressing for that and for the cucumbers and tomatoes I brought alongside it. Finally, I took along some bits of maple-pecan blondies I made recently because I was getting a blood test and knew something sugary right after would help. (They took seven vials of blood. I mean, I know I'm an interesting specimen of inflammation and autoimmune oddities, but what on earth do they do with seven vials?)

I really loved this. I liked my leftover pizza so much better than I had liked the original round, because the extra toppings really elevated things, and ranch never hurts. So here's to all the yummy things. It didn't fully make up for the blood test, but it all made life a tiny bit better for a little while, which is usually all we can ask of lunch.

Comments

  1. Another great meal! YIKES! I have needlephobia in the worst WORST way! Hope everything is ok. And I know what you mean about dipping pizza in ranch! I have been making my own (or sometimes buying) vegan ranch and doing that still!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It should be okay--it's just the usual panel of blood tests they throw at me every so often.

      I have a real weakness for ranch.

      Delete
    2. That... is a lot of blood.... you sure they weren't selling some to vampires on the side?
      I have tried dipping pizza in ranch, but everything always slides off and gets so messy!
      I do like drizzling with ranch, or dipping the crusts in ranch!

      Delete
    3. Mostly, I think we dip crusts in ranch, but one can dip pizza in ranch if one is talented! You do have to be really careful about how you hold the pizza, though. Or one can spoon ranch over the pizza, which is less of a drizzle than a smear, if it's packed like this. (There is a little kit with utensils I pack with the Monbento boxes.)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts