Monbento Square #34 (Double Tier)

 


I'm amusing myself lately with how many sandwiches I seem to be eating. It's not really the case that I eat that many sandwiches, but because I eat leftovers so often, if I have something fresh to show you in a bento box, it's a sandwich much more often than it used to be.

But I do try to vary my sandwich experiences! And this one is a new-ish adventure. The container on the left holds the makings of a vegan pastrami-and-swiss sandwich with lettuce, tomato, pickles, and mustard. There is some margarine on the toasted bread to keep it from getting soggy, and the mustard is in the little eggy bottle. (Technically, that's the mayo bottle, but I don't have a mustard bottle.) I liked breaking away from Vegenaise for a day, even though I do love my Vegenaise!

On the right, I have some non-dairy sour cream and dill lentil crisps, apple slices, and some non-dairy chocolate hazelnut spread for dipping the apple slices into.

This was kind of a big lunch. But sometimes having a big lunch and coming home and just snacking for dinner is what I need.

Comments

  1. I do the same thing sometimes...have a large lunch at work and a small dinner or snack for dinner. This Bento looks great! So many things organized nicely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! If you're going to have to prep food for lunch sometimes dinner, too, is just a bridge too far.

      I get some sort of mental benefit from packing my food neatly. Maybe it's a meditation or something.

      Delete
    2. I love a good sandwich, there are endless possibilities.

      Delete
    3. Yes! No such thing as "just a sandwich," really.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts