Sequestration Meal #537

 


Because I have a few days off work this week (and thank goodness for that!), I'm able to do slightly more elaborate single-serve meal prep than usual. This is a sort of raid-the-fridge ramen and it was so good.

I started with cooking some mushrooms in a bit of canola oil and seasoned with salt and pepper. I then added some ginger, garlic, and the white part of some sliced scallions and let that cook a bit more.

Meanwhile, I boiled some noodles with thinly sliced carrots and some broccoli florets. When it was done, I drained off about half the water, and added the seasoning packet (it was veggie flavored ramen), about a tablespoon of coconut milk I had in my fridge, a tablespoon of peanut butter, a generous spoon of chili garlic sauce, and a few shakes of curry powder along with the cooked mushrooms, scallions, ginger, and garlic.

I topped my noodles and veggies and broth with thinly sliced smoked tofu, some green scallion tops, and black sesame seeds.

This was amazing. Hooray for vacationing.

Comments

  1. This looks *so good* and warm and nourishing and fresh and salty and perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely hooray for time away from work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a week of study leave coming up in March and then 10 days off in May and I cannot wait because I need a break so bad.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts