3-Tier Bottle Bento #45


This lunch is evidence of another way of meeting myself in the struggle: Here we have some vanilla soy yogurt, a chocolate sweet potato banana muffin I'd thawed from my freezer overnight (I explained how I veganized the recipe in this post), clementine segments, and some butternut peanuts (which do not contain dairy). 

I didn't always do things like freeze baked goods, but these days I really try, if I'm baking muffins or making bread or something, to freeze some for later. Not only does this give me a ready convenience food when I'm beyond uninterested in cooking, it also saves me money because I don't use as many ready-made things like granola bars. It may also be healthier--I'm not a medical doctor, so I don't actually know--but it certainly feels better to eat a homemade banana sweet potato chocolate muffin than to eat a packaged granola bar. And even though I do use muffin cups (that makes it easier to freeze the muffins, among other things) making my own stuff also generates less waste, so I feel good about that, too.

Usually, I'd have this sort of thing as a breakfast, but on this day I had nothing cooked to pack for lunch and this stuff was on hand so why not? It worked, and it was tasty. It was cold for the car picnic, but I have hot tea every day so I was fine.

Comments

  1. This looks like a lovely brunchy car picnic. Sometimes I am so tired and lunch time, reaching for those more breakfasty options is the best way to get something into me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have very little motivation for making an actual lunch today, so even though I already had granola and yoghurt for breakfast, it might end up being a double breakfast kind of day today.

      Delete
  2. Butternut Peanuts sound interesting! I don't think I have ever had them.

    I was offline and traveling but am back. I have to say I missed your blog while away and glad I was able to come back to multiple posts of yours! I'm catching up now. Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Butternut peanuts are from Nuts.com, if you ever want to try them out!

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the heads-up...I will have to check them out!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts