Sequestration Meal #404

 

This could have used more veggies--maybe broccoli?--but I contented myself with the peppers and onions because I was tired. This dish is Beijing Tempeh from Rabbit and Wolves. It had been a long time since I'd had tempeh, and I'm really glad I used what I needed to use up this way! I had to substitute some vegetarian oyster sauce for the hoisin, because in spite of what I keep thinking in my head, I do not have hoisin on hand. I just keep attempting to conjure imaginary hoisin. One thing I would say is that I think I sliced the tempeh a bit too thin, because I ran out of corn starch and had to add more, and it wouldn't fit in the pan for crisping so I had to do it in batches. But maybe that's not a problem, since it meant I got more crispy goodness!

I'm bemused that so soon after going to the store following the Months of Peppers, one of the first meals I made was so pepper-forward. But hey. Peppers are delicious.

Comments

  1. Ironically, I just looked at Hoisin Sauce on the ALDI shelf today and thought a similar thing. I didn't buy it, tho, I was only there for frozen veggies and sauce to take back to my office.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds lovely! Minus the capsicum of course, hee hee. My dad doesn't like tempeh (sigh), but I bet I could make it with tofu instead. The sauce sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sauce was delicious and yes, I think it would go great with tofu. Maybe use broccoli and carrots rather than the peppers.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts