What I Ate in a Day #11

There's nothing here you've not seen in some form, I imagine, but I know many of you like to see a full day's eating, so here's a recent set of meals.

Breakfast was pretty big; I had a big appetite. (I so rarely do that it's fun to take advantage when it shows up!)


This looks like a pair of toasts, but I ended up making them into a sandwich. One side has avocado, tomato, and salt and pepper. The other has margarine, mushrooms, a tofu "egg" patty, and some Wegman's non-dairy smoked provolone. It was juicy, and thus messy to eat, but satisfying alongside an herbal tea (not pictured). A sprinkle of black salt made my eggy tofu patty especially eggy.

Lunch was a variation on another similar one you've recently seen.


I added some buttery maple pecans to my kumquat-kale salad, and this time I didn't forget the chia seeds (in the little bunny cup). I made some Tofurky and Miyoko's cream cheese pinwheels to go with the salad (tortilla spread with a mixture of the cream cheese, Tofutti sour cream, some shredded Daiya cheddar, and chopped scallions, then some Tofurky, and rolled up and sliced). And you may see the Cocomel's salted caramel chocolates in the upper right. It was a bigger lunch than I really needed after that big breakfast, and I was very full, but it was delicious so I ate it all anyway. (On one hand, it's just a salad, a wrap, and some candy; on the other, this has a lot of high-fat-content foods. I usually do better with my planning, but I didn't manage it on this day.)

I'd run out of cooked rice to finish off my leftover Bejing tempeh, so I had that with some Gefen imitation chicken ramen for dinner.


I would have preferred rice, but since I only needed one serving, ramen seemed like the way to go. It was really tasty! No complaints here other than at the end of the day I was absolutely stuffed because I had three heavy meals and that threw my appetite off for a few days afterward. And I want to complain about that because I really, really wish my body was better at handling big meals, not because I think one shouldn't eat well. If you can handle this much in one day and get up the next day ready to eat again, I envy you. But such is life and my weird, chronically ill body.

Not pictured, I also had a multivitamin and a DHA supplement.

As always, listen to your own doctor and eat in accordance with your own needs.

Comments

  1. That breakfast sandwich sounds pretty awesome! and I keep eye-balling your pinwheels - YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a lovely day of eats!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts