Monbento Original #50 (Double Tier)

 


I thought about not showing this to you because it felt redundant in a way, but then I thought perhaps it would be helpful to some of you to show you how you can be semi-redundant without feeling like you're eating the same stuff over and over.

So this is a salad very similar to yesterday's (romaine, carrot, red onion), but this time with a maple-mustard dressing and some Bac'n bits in the little chicky cup. And I have rice, and I'm also having peppers and onions and a frozen protein, but in a different configuration--rather than a sauce, I have sauteed peppers and onions, and the protein is Gardein Italian sausage slices (or "saus'age," as they call them; Gardein is totally nonsensical with all their apostrophes). This used very similar ingredients, but it didn't feel at all like the same meal as yesterday. It also required very little effort on my part and thus remains part of my kind-to-self project.

This is a true success, in my opinion!

Comments

  1. A true success indeed!
    Someone needs to have an apostrophe intervention over at the Gardein headquarters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed they do. There was nothing wrong with calling things "fishless" or "beefless" or what-have-you!

      Delete
    2. Maple Mustard Dressing sounds amazing and totally up my alley! I was actually trying to find my recipe for Pistachio Maple Mustard the other day and was unsuccessful thus far.

      Delete
    3. Maple mustard dressing is essentially just honey mustard with the honey swapped for maple syrup. But the pistachio mustard sounds interesting!

      Delete
    4. I wish nuts weren't as expensive as they are but they have become a staple for me in recent years.

      Delete
    5. With nuts I like to think about the cost-per-calorie. They go a long way for a small amount.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts