Sequestration Meal #402

 


I love Frito chili pie. I should probably stop showing you this same meal over and over, although if you're new here, this might be new-to-you! I've refrained from showing you Frito chili pie for quite some time. Plus this time I did something new-to-me: I added lettuce!

For the uninitiated, Frito chili pie is chili on top of Fritos that is then covered in cheese and other toppings, kind of making Frito nachos. This one has canned vegetarian chili, Violife cheddar shreds, Kite Hill sour cream, chopped tomato, black olives, lettuce, and scallions. It was really satisfying! I'd definitely throw lettuce in my Frito chili pie again.

Comments

  1. There is no law against showing the same food twice! And it's nice, really, to get to see which foods are tried-and-true go-to things, vs. the random eat-it-once recipes. (also, I mean, normalizing good human behavior - not forcing people to eat completely novel foods all the time - is good)(plus it's fun to see that even for tried-and-true foods, each instantiation is not a photocopy)

    I am not the blog police, though, so there is that. Perhaps there is some sort of obscure statute that they whip out in cases like this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How are you liking the Kite Hill Sour Cream? I recently found it too.

      Delete
    2. It's no Tofutti but it will do in a pinch. More like yogurt than sour cream, in my opinion.

      Delete
  2. Just starting a slow catch up on posts I've missed over the past several days. I think you can post as many frito pies as you wish! The lettuce looks like a fun and fresh addition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually kind of surprising that I never thought to do it before!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts