Sequestration Meal #398

 


I had other plans on this day, but I ended up having to shovel snow, and I felt pretty worn out. I shouldn't really shovel snow, but there are a lot of things we shouldn't really do but we do anyway because we have jobs and no public transit options.

In any case, this is mostly a freezer feast: Some vegetable gyoza with a homemade dipping sauce, the end of a package of Trader Joe's Japanese-style fried rice, my go-to vaguely Asian-inspired side of spinach/tomatoes/mushrooms sauteed together (the spinach was frozen, which is why it is so dark, I think) and splashed with soy sauce and garnished with sesame seeds, and some spicy ketchup-coated yellow and orange bell peppers with more sesame seeds.

This was okay, if not what I had in mind originally. It's good to keep one's freezer stocked so one has options, especially if you are avoiding grocery stores, and especially if you live in a snow-prone area--although I think most of us don't consider that one of the reasons is we might need to keep frozen food because we might have to expend all our energy shoveling snow rather than cooking, rather than not being able to shop until it thaws. I'm totally okay with not shopping. I have mastered the rarely-shopping life. But I'm still working on mastering not overextending myself when unexpected things come up. This was a great step in the direction of mastering that!

Comments

  1. WOW! Look at this plate! Very Nice! Yeah...I'm OVER winter. Bring on SPRING! It's snowing...AGAIN...here...sigh. They weren't even calling for snow today, I don't think. BLAH!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spring does come eventually! I'm not looking forward to the rainy season or the being-hot season, but there should be some nice days to enjoy in all seasons.

      Delete
  2. Living in a place that snows sounds exhausting. I don't like snow in person, it is just cold wet slush that wants to make me a cold wet slush. It is nice to look at from afar, as an abstract kind of thing. But having to shovel snow to be able to get out of the house? With my messed up shoulder/back/neck I would not be able to. I long for the cool weather but not like that!
    Kudos to you for feeding yourself well after such an exhausting task.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I know, it sounds so weird, really, shoveling snow to go to work. But it happens sometimes.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts