What I Ate in a Day #10

 As I've said before, these posts are tough to do in winter, because of lighting issues, but I think I mostly managed! The issue might be more that what I ate doesn't look very pretty in some cases. And that's especially true with breakfast: A biscuit and sausage gravy.

But a biscuit and sausage gravy (biscuit: incidentally vegan canned biscuit; gravy: your basic sausage gravy made of canola oil, flour, Don't Be Piggy sausage, almond milk, and salt and pepper) is one of the most delicious things you can eat. So. It works on balance.

Not pictured, I also had a clementine and a Cafix latte with breakfast.

Lunch was much prettier, and also quite tasty.

A Don't Be Chicken patty (I guess this was the day for Wegmans faux meats?), red pepper pasta, and broccoli. This was the meal I tried to have when I made the red pepper pasta in the first place, and didn't manage. But I highly recommend this combination!

This was a day on which chocolate was a necessity, so here was my afternoon snack:

Gluten-free graham crackers spread with peanut butter and topped with mini non-dairy chocolate chips and a vanilla nut herbal tea. This was good stuff. I love the combination of peanut butter, chocolate, and graham crackers.

After such a great track record on this day, you'd think I would have a dinner to show you I was proud of. On one hand, I am a little. But on the other, it was not great eating.

This was more raid-the-fridge gruel than raid-the-fridge soup. It was edible, mostly, but I definitely don't want to have it again! I had mixed some leftover cheesy sauce, leftover rice, leftover chickpea flour scramble mix (that I hadn't scrambled), veggies, and broth together and served the result with some toast with margarine and garlic salt. The pride comes from getting a dinner together and not wasting food, but as experiments go I don't recommend this combination at all.

Well, you can't have everything all the time. Especially four weeks away from buying groceries. But you can have a lot of good things, and try again tomorrow.

Comments

  1. Your WIAIAD (is that a thing? If not...I just just made it a thing - LOL) looks way better than anything I could ever come up with for a solid day. I'm horrible with breakfasts to start and then I seem to wing it for the rest of the day and it never really amounts to much - or much that is very impressive. YOUR MEALS are ALWAYS impressive! Nice job! So...if you are in one of the states that has a Wegmans (as am I) we must not be too far from each other state-wise that is. Are you on tap to get the storms, too!? Be safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I will get the same storms as you. They will be skipping me this time, perhaps. Take care of yourself!

      Delete
    2. We ended up with another almost 2-feet. I'm SO OVER WINTER!

      Delete
  2. I love that idea of crackers with PB and mini chocolate chips! We don't really get graham crackers here, certainly not vegan ones, but we have other biscuits I can use! Definitely storing that idea away for later use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would absolutely work with some plain shortbread cookies, if you have those! Or maybe something like Biscoff?

      Delete
    2. We can get Biscoff, and we also have some nice vanilla bicuits here (literally called Nice, but pronounced like niece). But the most common plain type of biscuit I eat are ginger nuts, which I already know are amazing with PB. So I look forward to adding some chocolate chips next time!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts