Sequestration Meal #483

 


I was determined to get some figs this season, even though I'm not that familiar with figs. We're eating the seasons here! That means figs in late summer/early fall!

What it meant on this day was roasted fig and arugula salad with maple tahini dressing (recipe from Flora and Vino). It's a whole meal salad, packed with quinoa and walnuts as well as roasted figs, arugula, scallions, and a drizzle of maple tahini. It was fancy and beautiful and very seasonal!

And hey, also delicious. It wasn't something I'd be likely to set out to make again, but I really enjoyed it. What should I do with the rest of the figs? I'm open to suggestions!

Comments

  1. I can't eat figs (they give me ulcers) but my mum loves them. She mostly just eats them fresh. But I have seen some recipes that use them in grain dishes, and there are always some nice deserts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been thinking of trying out a fig smoothie. Everything can be a smoothie, and I think that might be fun!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts