Sequestration Meal #490

 


I convinced myself to take a slight break from elaborate cooking (albeit partly by taking advantage of the freezer stocks from elaborate cooking days of yore) and made a simple smoky red lentil stew from the recipe at The First Mess which I had alongside some homemade garlic naan I had in my freezer. 

I fancied up my naan a bit by brushing it with melted vegan butter after I'd reheated the naan in my toaster oven, then sprinkling it with some fresh cilantro. The naan definitely made the meal; it took an ordinary stew up to "wow, this is amazing" levels.

Having read that, I am sure you know I'm about to tell you the stew was underwhelming; you're right! It was. But it only took me a few minutes to prep and then I just let it simmer until it was done, so it gets several points just for that (and for not being yet another bowl of peanut butter ramen). I probably won't make this specific lentil stew again, but overall--thanks to the naan--it was a really great meal.

Comments

Popular Posts