Sequestration Meal #493

 


Here we have a variation on pasta e fagioli that is sort of inspired by a traditional version (because it is decidedly not authentic) and a jalapeno corn muffin (recipe from World of Vegan). It's lovely to sit down to a bowl of hot soup on a chilly day, and corn muffins make that all the more wonderful.

Pasta e fagioli is, of course, an Italian soup of pasta and beans in tomato sauce, akin to minestrone but less veggie-heavy. I did sort of follow (a tiny bit) this recipe from The Clean Eating Couple, but using ingredients I needed to finish off. Thus, I used the end of a package of pasta alphabets, part of a can of pinto beans, the end of a jar of pasta sauce mixed with water, the seasoning packet from some ramen noodles I'd saved from making peanut butter ramen, and the end of a package of frozen spinach, as well as my last garlic clove, half an onion, half a stalk of celery, and a carrot. So is this pasta e fagioli or something else? I guess you can decide!

Whatever it was, I garnished it with Violife Parmesan, and it was lovely. It was especially lovely alongside these jalapeno corn muffins. This recipe was so much easier than the usual corn muffin recipe I use, and the result was soft and moist and absolutely perfect with this meal. I had another muffin (not pictured here) with my soup because I liked them so much.

In these days of unpredictable store prices and/or supplies on hand, we do what we can. Surprisingly, as often as not, it works out for me. This was kind of a something-from-nothing kind of soup, and yet I would easily want to have it again. There is something reassuring in that.

Comments

  1. I've done a couple of pasta e fagioli style dinners lately. It is generally an easy way to get a very satisfying dinner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soup in general is so wonderful when I can't deal with life.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts