Sequestration Meal #484

 


As corn season draws to a close, and we're in the thick of green bean season, this is a perfect meal: Barbecued tempeh (recipe from Nora Cooks), Southern-style green beans and potatoes (recipe from Healthier Steps), fresh corn cut from the cob and sauteed with onions and red bell pepper in vegan butter, and a biscuit.

These green beans were so good. I cooked them much longer than Healthier Steps suggests, much closer to the traditional hour (ultimately, about 45 minutes), putting the beans in with the potatoes to give them maximum cooking time. I love green beans when they're crisp and green and vibrant, but I also love them when they're braised long enough to make them soft and buttery. I was in the mood for soft and buttery. The potatoes were a really nice touch here, and the flavors were really great--smoked paprika really makes the difference.

The tempeh is a very easy, basic recipe; not much to say about that other than it's nice to have a quick protein in one's arsenal.

I intended to have corn bread with this but ran out of time, but I realized I had a can of incidentally vegan biscuit dough in my fridge, so here we are! I love biscuits, don't you?

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts