Monbento Original #67 (Double Tier)

 


I had a bit of silken tofu left over from my failed tofu experiment, so I decided to make this pretty bento. I made the tofu into a dip based on this Green Goddess dressing recipe at Feasting at Home. With that, I had some carrot sticks, cucumber slices, pitted fresh cherries, clementine segments, wheat crackers, and a black sesame daifuku with soy cream.

This was the perfect lunch on a hot day! It was one of the few lunches I actually stuck in the fridge at work, because it was nicer chilled. I made the Green Goddess dip with fresh basil and scaled it down to fit the amount of tofu I had. I made it more or less as written, though, and it was delicious! It was great with both the veggies and the crackers.

Daifuku is a Japanese sweet snack with a mochi outside and various fillings inside. This soy cream one called to me on a recent trip to my local Korean market (which also sells things from across Asia). I absolutely loved it, and I will be getting it again next time I go there. (I don't go there often, mind you. I'm very regimented in my grocery shopping, usually, in a world with COVID and lax attitudes where I am still at high risk. But I am still glad I made a run to the market.)

Comments

  1. Omg this bento is SO SATISFYING to look at in every way. The colors are lovely and it is set up to perfection. I've always wanted to try daifuku, I'll have to see if I can find it the next time I got to the international market. I'm hoping it's gluten free 🤞🏻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daifuku is pretty well always gluten free! It's made of rice flour and sweetened bean paste, primarily. I have never seen one that had wheat in it. Of course, I am no expert, but I would think if you can find some, it won't have gluten.

      Delete
    2. Yay! I'll definitely have to look! I always check though because all of the Korean rice cakes in the international market has wheat which I've never seen before so now I have trust issues with them 🤣

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts