Monbento Original #68 (Double Tier)

 


The good part about spending too much time making hummus and baba ganoush and such is that you have it for lunch later! Here are some hummus-and-veggie tortilla pinwheels, wheat crackers, baba ganoush, sugar snap peas, a sliced plumcot, clementine segments, blackberries, and a little cup of chocolate tahini to be used as a fruit dip.

The colors are so nice in this, but so are the flavors! I amused myself when packing it because, as I was putting in the sugar snap peas, I first said to myself, "But wait--this isn't enough veggies!" As if I hadn't just put spinach, bell peppers, and onions in my pinwheels and stuck in a cup of eggplant dip. Just goes to show how successful my effort to reframe for myself what a good number of veggies is! But I accept this amount of veggies on this day.

Summer is all about fruit for me, and I'm really loving the plumcots. They're so vibrant but also so yummy! Are they pricey? Yes. Are they worth it? YES.

Comments

Popular Posts