Sequestration Meal #608

 


I chose "easy" things, then proceeded to spend two and a half hours preparing them over the weekend...I am not rational. All these are indeed easy! It's just a lot of prep work if you have them all at once like this. When will I learn...

My easy things: spicy chickpea flour green beans (recipe from The Cutting Veg); naan (recipe from Minimalist Baker) topped with vegan butter, garlic, and cilantro; baba ganoush made with some little Indian eggplants roasted in my toaster oven (but roughly following the recipe from Cookie and Kate otherwise); and almost-Green-Goddess hummus (without much parsley, because mine hasn't been growing well, and with extra basil) (but roughly following yet another recipe from Cookie and Kate).

It would not have been so involved if I hadn't made a full batch of naan, but now I have naan in my freezer and I know future me will be grateful for that fluffy flatbread. The me who ate it was also really pleased.

The spicy green beans were quite different, but good! I used jalapenos because I didn't have any red chiles (and there seems to be some sort of shortage or something?) and it turned out fine. It was spicier than I anticipated, but was great with these fatty dips to tone that down. 

Eating seasonally was pretty fun this time around! July and August are very rough months in many ways for me, every year--I hate being hot, and this year we also have the intermittent toxic smoke clouds coming for us--but I do love diving in deep with the glorious produce that shows up in summer, as a way of making things a bit more bearable.

Comments

Popular Posts