Sequestration Meal #607

 


This is a summery delight of a lunch: quinoa chickpea salad with blackberries and candied pepitas (recipe veganized from Rachel Cooks) and a tomato sandwich.

This salad has a few steps to it, but it turned out to be so amazing I did not mind. I was glad I had fresh herbs in my window, though! There are several protein sources in the salad--quinoa, chickpeas, pepitas--and that's layered in with fruit (dried apricots and blackberries), some onion, herbs, vegan feta, and a quick white wine vinaigrette. I substituted agave for honey.

I love the idea of salad more than salad usually, but this one was just great! I want to eat more salad in general--I think it's a good goal to have--and summer is a great time for it. I will definitely be looking for more hearty summer salad recipes.

Meanwhile, I pulled out the last of some Wegmans garlic Tuscan bread I had in my freezer and made a sandwich out of it with some vegan mayo, beefsteak tomato, and salt and pepper. Since I have the habit now of putting all the bread I don't eat on the day I buy it in the freezer, I've been getting a lot more joy out of splurging on bakery loaves. This is probably not what most people think of as a sandwich and salad lunch, but for me, it was a revelation. I loved every bit of this.

Comments

Popular Posts