Sequestration Meal #604

 


This gorgeous yellow soup is zucchini corn chowder (recipe from Making Thyme for Health).

It's high summer now. So it's time to start making a fuss over zucchini and corn. If I had planned ahead, I would have bought fresh corn for this, but this was still good and used up some forgotten corn in my freezer that really needed to be eaten. The soup gets its creaminess from some blended soup veggies and cashew cream. I didn't do these separately, despite what the recipe said, and just blended the cashews and veggies and water together. It worked out fine.

I didn't have much appetite on this evening, which is why I just had soup. Does anyone else get that way in the summer? It doesn't matter if I wake up starving. By evening I can hardly bear the thought of food. But a nice bowl of veggie soup seems like a good compromise.

This year, I vow not to let the the summer get too far underway before I have some fresh corn, but for now, this hit the spot.

Comments

  1. I was just thinking about how I need to make corn chowder! Adding Zucchini levels up that fresh farmers market vibe even more 🙌🏻💚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is one of the best parts of summer! I hope you're okay in the severe heat wave I understand you've been having.

      Delete
    2. It's crazy! 107°+ every day! Been doing ok so far, hikes postponed until it stops being an actual oven outside 🤦🏻‍♀️ monsoon should start soon though!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts