Sequestration Meal #603

 


Sometimes, we try things, and they don't work.

I tried some things, and they didn't work.

First, I tried to make my own cucumber-carrot salad with "honey" sesame dressing, but tried to take a shortcut and use my spiralizer's ribbon setting. That was fine for the cucumbers, but it was disastrous for the carrots. I ended up cutting them into matchsticks. This was the least of my issues, though.

This meal was supposed to be focused on a pretty silken tofu with a spicy soy dressing (recipe from New York Times). Unfortunately, the tofu block didn't come out cleanly, and I had to chop it up instead. Then, I found that I kind of hate tofu served this way. Leftovers were better, but there isn't enough time for the sauce to really flavor the tofu this way, and something about the texture was off-putting.

All in all, not a very successful meal. But I'm glad I tried these things, because now I know!

Comments

  1. Awwe I'm sorry you didn't love it but trying new things is always great! I love experimenting 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of the time, things work out well, so I can't really complain!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts