Sequestration Meal #609

 


To finish off the scallion pockets in my freezer, I made this Korean-ish bowl: Rice, said scallion pocket, marinated tofu, Korean spicy cucumber salad, Korean spiced carrot salad, pickled daikon radish, and pickled onions.

Bonus points for having lots of colors!

This was great. Every time I make this carrot salad, though, I ask myself why I haven't gotten myself a julienne peeler or a proper mandolin that would cut carrot matchsticks more easily and not leave me chopping away myself. But I still make the salad, because the salad is delicious.

I also finally got some gochugaru to make the cucumber salad. I trusted the recipe I was using instead of having the sense to use half the peppery stuff; it was a really hot dish (to me), so you have to live and learn, I guess. But it went well with everything else, and I won't really complain about it.

This was a really big meal, but that was good because I got absorbed in something and forgot to eat dinner (literally). Sometimes, though it hasn't happened in a long time, I will have such intense focus on something I'm working on that I will suddenly realize it's 11:00PM and I haven't eaten in 10-11 hours. So I'll work on that. But in the meantime, I'm really pleased with this assortment!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts