Interlude: Another Vegan Picnic for Two

My friends visit; I make picnic lunches. Pandemics have their unexpected benefits. Last time, I made onigirazu when a friend came to town, but I wanted to do something different. I can't make onigirazu for every picnic. (Although...this one was also great...)

Anyway, even though my friend was not the same person as in any of the picnics I've blogged about before, and would therefore not have seen onigirazu from me, I shook things up for my own sake.

I made us GreeNoodle salad (I found GreeNoodles somewhere a while ago, and it was very exciting), but this time I doubled the veggies and shredded the carrots rather than chopping them. I recommend both changes! The dressing hasn't been added yet; it was not photographed but was packed in a jar. I also made some marinated tofu (recipe from A Couple Cooks), fruit cups for each of us (kiwi and clementine segments), and a cup of peanut butter cookie dough balls (recipe from the Conscious Plant Kitchen) to share.

I think this worked out very well! There were a lot of different things available and we were both really satisfied in the end. And I didn't serve another person leftovers for lunch, so that was also a win!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts