Sequestration Meal #615

 


This is one of my best use-what-you've-got meals yet! It's a mashed potato bowl with rotisserie chicken-style soy curls (recipe from Plant Power Couple), corn sauteed in vegan butter with peppers, braised garlic "butter" kale (recipe from Plant Based and Broke), and carrots with an improvisational brown sugar and orange juice glaze.

Though the soy curls recipe is very simple, it is also kind of brilliant. It requires a lot of patience to cook them down and concentrate the flavors, but it doesn't require much baby-sitting. I used leftover "chicken"-flavored ramen seasoning packets in place of bouillon, and it worked out great.

The kale was just a way of using an opened bag in the fridge that had gotten a bit sad--honestly, most of the time, a bag of kale is just way too much kale for me to get through before it gets sad--but I would happily make it again. Like the soy curls recipe, it really only requires patience.

So while all that was simmering, I had the opportunity to make my other veggies. This may not be the most summery of meals--I mean, corn is seasonal, yes, but I used frozen--but it was good. And I am doing my best right now while the world seems to spin out of control. I count it a win.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts