Sequestration Meal #610

 


This is not a summer recipe, but I had the stuff. I had wanted to buy broccoli, but the store had none; in-store me grabbed a bag of kale instead, then didn't quite know what I was going to do with it. (Among other things, the bag of kale had way more kale than the equivalent amount of broccoli I had planned to buy.) So! Lentil kale soup with potatoes and carrots it is. 

This is a recipe from Cooktoria, which is not a vegan blog even though the recipe is vegan. It was an easy, basic lentil soup recipe, nothing spectacular, but it was nice that it had so much fresh dill in it (and that I had fresh dill, thanks to my neighbor's generosity in growing dill for me even though she hates it--though I gave her the seeds and dill requires basically no effort, so it's just kindness, perhaps?). 

Not pictured, I made a grilled cheese sandwich to go with this, which was a nice accompaniment. I tried photographing them together but it just wouldn't work, so you'll have to imagine it. But because this photo is just of the soup, I'm able to tag this as free of all major allergens.

Now that I have discovered the magic of soaking my lentils, they turn out perfectly every time, so this was a great meal!

Of course, I still have an absurd amount of kale left...I'm open to summery kale suggestions!

Comments

Popular Posts