Sequestration Meal #613

 


I based this meal around a salad I wanted to try, sesame green bean salad from Café Sucre Farine. With it, I had rice, my own recipe for maple glazed tofu, pickled onions, and pickled daikon radish.

This tofu is easy and delicious, but I already knew that. And it's nice to have some colorful pickled veggies, too, of course. 

The green bean salad used the skinny haricots verts that the original recipe suggested, and the petite peas. I already know petite peas are superior. I'm not sure if the skinny beans are really that much different from regular green beans, but they were good. It was hard to get the peas to really hang in there with this salad, and because I ate with chopsticks I mostly didn't get a bite of green bean with peas, but they were a fine addition here anyway.

More importantly, on a hard day, I fed myself. Whatever else was involved in that is icing.

Comments

Popular Posts