Recipe: Vanilla Kumquat Smoothie (Vegan, Gluten Free)

I make a lot of smoothies. Most of them you never see, and I give recipes for even fewer of them. I know you know how to make a smoothie. But if I make something truly unusual, I think it's worth sharing! This smoothie really lets the flavors of kumquats shine, while giving those flavors sweet support from other fruits and the creaminess of vanilla.

I looked at a few recipes before I settled on my own, but I was mostly inspired by this omnivore recipe.


Vanilla Kumquat Smoothie
Serves: 1

6 kumquats
1/3 cup chopped mango (frozen preferred but can use fresh)
1/2 frozen banana
1/3 cup non-dairy vanilla yogurt
1/4 cup almond milk (or other non-dairy milk of choice)
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Halve and seed the kumquats and put them into a blender with the remaining ingredients. Blend until smooth.

Comments

  1. Ooooh, fascinating! I rarely see kimquats here. And when I do I can never find the recipes I want to make with them. Saving this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure how I missed this one but glad I found it. LOVE that you focused this around Kumquats! They are so underrated! I wish they were more available near me! LOVE LOVE LOVE idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey hey, guess who just found some kumquats in season! Looking forward to making this recipe at last!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey hey, guess who just found kumquats in season here! Definitely going to make this recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts