Sequestration Meal #417

 


I'm not sure if this is actually cheap or just seemed like it should be, but it looked good so I tried it. This is the spicy Thai peanut ramen recipe from Rabbit & Wolves. I used light coconut milk rather than full fat and I ended up putting a bit of the seasoning packet from the ramen in the broth to amp up the flavor and also adding another splash of soy sauce, but I mostly followed it as written (scaled down, of course), adding sliced mushrooms as indicated and topping it all off with cilantro, black sesame seeds, and peanuts.

Ultimately, I made too much food, but I ate it all anyway and ruined my appetite for dinner. It was a good soup! Very rich and peanut-forward. It was not spicy at all, but that may reflect my curry paste. I think if I try this again I'll use rice noodles, because I think they might go better than ramen. I need something lighter in such a rich broth. For spicy peanut ramen, I prefer the recipe I showed you a few weeks ago.

But what a wonderful world it is we live in, with ramen noodles. Something about ramen has always been profoundly comforting to me.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts