Sequestration Meal #407

 


This is a variation on one of my favorite meals: Rice pilaf, sauteed squash with tomatoes, and lemony kale with white beans. I think I would have preferred cannellini beans to the small white beans I used here--the creaminess would have been nice!--but otherwise I appreciated this slight deviation from my spinach and white beans meal that is one of my standbys. I guess I'm eating a lot of standbys recently!

Kale remains a not-my-favorite sort of green, but I buy it every so often because it is so sturdy and a bag will last me a while. Plus, it's considered a good one for winter, and it's supposed to be good for you. I'm not a medical doctor, of course. But I feel good eating kale sometimes. It's not that I dislike it; it's just not as exciting to me as many other things.

Being a carb person, though, my favorite thing on this plate is the ride pilaf. If it were reasonable, I would just eat rice pilaf for dinner. It's not, of course (unless your doctor tells you otherwise). But it's really good.

This meal is free of all major allergens, incidentally.

Comments

  1. Great Plate! So full of goodness! Nice colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I really just want to eat rice and vegetables, but I have beans with that so it's not carb-overload.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts