Sequestration Meal #412

 


With everything spiraling as it has been, I'm glad to have found a new, extremely cheap comfort food: Spicy peanut butter ramen. It's so versatile! I used this recipe at Budget Bytes, and this one is exactly as written, but I save my seasoning packets for other uses when I make this (don't throw out the flavor!). I have made this meal so often recently. Although the vegan ramen I buy in the kosher section is more expensive than the not-vegan ramen available elsewhere in the store, this is still a really cheap meal. According to my calculations, this costs me about $1.50 per serving. Plain ramen made with the seasoning packet (and no added proteins, etc.) makes me end up feeling ill, so I don't usually want plain ramen. With this, I don't end up feeling ill if I eat it too often.

I don't know what the future will bring. Prices are going up on everything. We appear to be spiraling into World War III. My days are hard, and I'm sure yours are, too. So it's nice to have a cheap, tasty meal that can be made in about 5 minutes to rely on.

Do you have favorite additions to ramen?

Comments

  1. Peanut butter ramen sounds great. I love adding some spinach and some chopping marinated tofu to my noodles. The world just seems to be getting harder and harder every day. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spinach and tofu sound like they'd be delicious, too! Yes. A hard world, and often a sad one. We're doing our best.

      Delete
  2. This week has gotten away from me! So sorry! Trying to catch up now. Vegan Ramen? YES please!!!! A thousand times YES!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts