Sequestration Meal #408

 


Working from home, I somehow wanted to eat basically everything for lunch, because it was so delightful to have a warm meal and eat it somewhere dignified rather than in my car. I made a spicy mayo (Vegenaise) ketchup to have with some Trader Joe's chickenless tenders, Trader Joe's veggie bites, broccoli, and the last of my garlic knots. Most things baked quickly in my toaster oven, while I steamed the broccoli in the microwave.

This looks very beige, aside from the broccoli, but it was utterly delicious. I was so satisfied and pleased with myself for having made this for an at-home lunch, particularly when it took less than 20 minutes start to finish!

I know I show you a lot fewer packed lunches than I used to (and I work on site a whole lot less than I ever did pre-COVID), but you could have packed this one relatively easily, and this is a very kid-friendly assortment, if you're looking for ideas like that.

Comments

  1. Another great plate! And a go-to dipping sauce! Very nice! I've been trying to keep myself busy and not over thinking some other things so I have been blogging even more than usual. I'm finding foods and photos from outings over the last 2 year blogging break that I thought I would post. It makes me crave - not only food - but eye candy and day trips. Just when I think SPRING is around the corner...we get more snow and cold. "one of these days" LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent way to make the most of being able to have lunch at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am at least glad that this pandemic gave me a more flexible work life.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts