Thermos 3-Tier Bento #55

 

A salad-heavy bento: Triscuits, more mustardy sweet potato lentil salad, and apple pecan arugula salad (recipe from Minimalist Baker).

This apple arugula concoction was a good salad--nothing that spectacular, but well-balanced, and a good way to convince me to eat arugula. If it can be considered spectacular at all, I would say it would be on account of how pretty it was. But I do need to eat more leafy greens. I've managed to make a lot of good changes to my diet that have made a big difference in how I feel, but aside from having a lot of kale smoothies lately I haven't done that well with leafy greens. (Kale smoothies do count of course.)

Fruity salads that blend sweet and savory are my favorite, though, and as spring begins and all the tender baby greens appear for a good price, it's time for me to go exploring. Do you have a favorite spring salad?

Comments

  1. Looks like a well balanced and colorful meal!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been enjoying lots of colorful produce lately! It's one source of fun.

      Delete
  2. I don't think I have a favourite spring specific salad, though I guess asparagus always makes me think of spring so some sort of asparagus salad would be spring-like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point! We have something here called "spring mix" that is a mixture of baby lettuces that I think is grown in greenhouses year round and therefore isn't really spring-like, to me, but I haven't had any in ages so maybe that's the "spring" I should have.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts