ECO Lunch Box Three-in-One #100

 


Here we have a use-it-up lunch: Cucumber wedges and the remainder of the cream cheese/sour cream/mayo/chives/red bell pepper mix that I had made for the pinwheels underneath it, said pinwheels, a homemade cookie from my freezer, and fruit salad.

The mix is easy--Miyokos cream cheese, Tofutti sour cream, and Vegenaise with chives and red bell pepper. It goes well as a dip for cucumber wedges and also as a spread for these pinwheels. The pinwheels were made from a protein-fortified tortilla, the mix, Yves veggie salami, Spanish olives, and shredded romaine lettuce.

The fruit salad consisted of a late summer bounty of cherries, blackberries, blueberries, kiwi, and clementine segments.

If I hadn't been intentional about it, this meal wouldn't have enough protein for me, but since I'd found some protein-fortified tortillas, the relatively hefty punch of protein (compared to others) in the Miyoko's cream cheese, and the added boost from the veggie salami, it worked. Of course there is protein in everything, but as I've explained before, I have to be really careful to get enough.

Comments

  1. I need to be better about eating more than 1 item for lunch. I tend to do leftovers like casseroles or salads and pile up on them when I should really be eating 3 or 4 different things. I really need to work on that. Your posts give great ideas for that type of lunch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If your casseroles and salads already have what you need, I don't see a problem, but variety can definitely be the spice of life. I look forward to seeing what you do!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts