Sequestration Meal #463

 


I felt like Mexican food, but I also felt like being a bit different. So I made my usual doctored-up canned refried beans and Mexican rice, and sliced up an avocado and sprinkled it with flaky salt. But I also made this wonderful recipe for Champiñones A La Mexicana from Muy Delish. Not pictured, I had this with a handful of tortilla chips.

These Mexican mushrooms are something I'd definitely make again. Although they're fine this way, rounding out a meal that consists of "sides" without making you miss anything, they'd be delicious with a tofu scramble in a breakfast burrito or spooned over the top of chicken-style seitan cutlets, too. They have an amazing depth of flavor. I would never think to add jalapeño to a mushroom side dish but it totally works.

The avocado was darkened from being in the fridge a tad too long, but still tasted good. I don't have much to say about rice and beans--they're always there for me, especially since I finally found canned refried beans I actually like, so long as I doctor them up with some hot sauce and sauteed onions. This was really one of those "what do I need to use up" kind of meals, but it didn't feel like that's what it was.

Incidentally, this is free of all top 8 common allergens, if you need allergy friendly fare.

Comments

  1. I could go for some Vegan Mexican Food right now! This looks like a great plate!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts