Sequestration Meal #465

 


For a long time, I've wanted to make the vegan tteokgalbi recipe from Cheap Lazy Vegan, and I've finally gotten around to it! I served the tteokgalbi here with rice, steamed broccoli, and pickled cabbage.

I found this recipe a bit hard to follow, based on how it was written, but it wasn't actually hard to do once I understood what was supposed to happen. It wasn't quite as "lazy" as a lot of the recipes that Rose makes, mind you. It involved rather a lot of measuring and mixing, and it dirtied up a lot of dishes. But it really wasn't much of a challenge in the end, and they turned out beautifully. I made a full recipe and stuck half in my freezer, and yes, I did have the oven on for the first time in several months, because at long last it wasn't a horrifically hot day. But also because I misread the recipe and had reconstituted enough soy curls for the full batch rather than the half I planned, so I couldn't cook them in the toaster oven. Sigh. A gift to future me!

Though I cut them on the bias, the green stuff on the patties is chives, not scallions; I had been given some from a co-worker who'd grown them at home. But chives were just as good here, if not better, than scallions.

It occurred to me at the last minute that I had the pickled cabbage, but it was a great addition here, not just for the vibrant color, but also because it complemented the meal so well.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts