Sequestration Meal #461

 


To deal with increasing costs of things, I've been trying to eat more beans, and I'm slowly making my peace with whole chickpeas. (It's been a journey, but I'm really getting there. I love chickpeas that have been smashed or blended, but I'm weird about them when they're whole--a texture thing.) Although I didn't have broccoli, I had everything else for the General Tso's chickpeas recipe at Yup...It's Vegan, so I decided to give it a try.

This would be better with broccoli, but the sauce was really good, and I enjoyed it. I didn't enjoy it as much as I probably would have if it had been tofu, but chickpeas being cheaper than tofu, and me trying to budget where I can without making myself feel like every meal is a "budget" meal, this was fine for one of my meal options this week. It used up a red pepper that definitely needed using, too, which was also a win.

And hey, I still have tofu in my fridge for all my tofu dreams.

Comments

  1. I love chickpeas though the times I have made them in a stir-fry like this my brain always gets confused because it is expecting tofu.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Probably I should stick to trying totally different chickpea-based meals.

      Delete
  2. It's at least an option if you need a change-up from tofu? But yeah, it's better to find a recipe where the chickpeas don't make you dream of tofu, ideally.... but still, chickpeas are so tidily shelf-stable that it is nice to have recipes that are tasty with them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many ways to eat chickpeas! But I think I like them best, if whole, in creamy quinoa or creamy rice with broccoli.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts