Sequestration Meal #462

 


While on a continuous quest to find kale recipes to use up the seemingly endless bounty from a co-worker's garden, I found this recipe from VeganYumYum for marmalade tofu with kale and lemon pearl couscous. Because I am only using my toaster oven right now, and my toaster oven is so small, I had to bake the tofu in batches, which was a bit annoying. And I was getting a bit tired of all the kale, so maybe I should have just skipped it, but I was on a mission to use that kale, and I was doing it, darn it!

All that said, the whole dish is pretty great! I loved the lemony couscous, adding toasted almonds was a great new-to-me way of having kale, and the tofu had just the right balance of sweet, salty, and spicy.

Comments

  1. I have this cookbook and I have had this recipe marked as to make for ages. I'll have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just have so many, it would be foolish not to. LOL

      Delete
  2. My parents garden didn't do well this year. We were so bummed. I hope others in our area did well and will be hearty into late fall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been unfortunately pretty dry a lot of the time, which has made it hard on some people's gardens.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts