Sequestration Meal #464

 


This meal is really all about the garlic naan, which is why you see it so prominently displayed, but there are other goodies here. There's a white bean, cucumber, and tomato salad with spinach and red onion in a simple vinaigrette, zucchini "hummus," and some lemon tahini dressing, which was great with both the bread and the salad.

The zucchini dip (I'm not a purist, but I can't actually call it hummus) was something I hoped would be like baba ghanoush, and is made similarly, but turned out to just be kind of a zucchini dip with some tahini and lemon juice. The recipe is from Posh Plate. I suspect my zucchini was larger than the "large zucchini" called for in the recipe, because this was from a co-worker's garden and on the huge side. And that might also explain why it wasn't so flavorful for me, since zucchini loses flavor as it increases in size. But I added some more lemon juice and tahini, added some garlic powder, salted it well, and garnished it with smoked paprika, and it wasn't half bad.

I had hoped we'd get a break from this cruel heat wave, but no such luck. So no ovens for us. But I was really craving some sort of homemade bread, and naan came to the rescue. With most of the pieces I made the mistake of rolling too thin and they got wrinkled in my skillet, but this one looked pretty good. And the wrinkly ones will still taste good. They'll just have to be cut up to mask their wrinkles when I pull them out of the freezer. Naan is a bit involved, but still pretty easy, and you don't need an oven, so it wins major points for that.

Comments

  1. I'm sorry it is still so hot over there. Even though it was too hot for the oven, standing over a stove cooking naan is pretty impressive in a heatwave!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The actual cooking part goes by so fast! Faster than making pancakes.

      Delete
  2. YUM! Garlic Naan! I have been CRAVING it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts