Sequestration Meal #459

 


A co-worker had given me some home-grown kale, and I had some sweet potatoes that needed using, so that was the beginning inspiration for this meal. I found a recipe for a creamy quinoa with kale at Chocolate Covered Katie, so I made that, sliced the sweet potato and steamed it, and made some quick barbecued soy curls with bottled barbecue sauce.

This may cover several vegan stereotypes all at once--quinoa, kale, sweet potatoes, soy curls--but as I always say, stereotypes can be delicious, and this was so good. It was also really easy on a day I needed things to be really easy. Would this have been nice if I sauteed some onions and garlic to add to the quinoa? Sure. Or if I'd made a side of spiced chickpeas with onions and garlic? Also yes. But sometimes you go for laziness. And sometimes--oddly enough--you are rewarded for laziness, too.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts