ECO Lunch Box Three-in-One #99

 


I have been a little too into cherries this summer, I think. (But is that truly possible? A question for our times.) In any case, here we have a vegan version of a recipe I found on an omnivore blog for sweet potato quinoa salad with cherries, cheese, and candied walnuts; almond butter with apple slices; and some cucumber.

I used Follow Your Heart non-dairy feta crumbles for the goat cheese in the original recipe and substituted rice nectar for honey, and I think it probably is pretty similar to the original. The dressing has dried basil rather than fresh but I think that isn't likely to have made a really significant difference since there are so many flavors going on here. I wished for more walnuts but otherwise really enjoyed my salad.

Apple season is almost here. Can you feel it? I live in apple country so that's a really fun thing to think about, for me. If you have favorite apple recipes, please send them along. In this heat all I can do is dream of fall.

Comments

  1. You can never have too many cherries. That salad sounds really fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely a change of pace, but of course I'm not so into leafy salads as I ought to be, so I tend to gravitate toward hearty ones like this.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts