Sequestration Meal #458

 


Believe it or not, this was a use-it-up meal, but it surely doesn't look it! I have here some mashed potatoes with spinach and crunchy breadcrumbs (recipe from Eat Something Vegan), some onions and orange bell pepper sauteed with mushrooms, and a tempeh steak (recipe from Watch Learn Eat).

The mashed potatoes recipe was very different--the flavor is closer to ranch than anything--but after I tasted them I decided they needed butter. Hence, I added the pat of vegan butter you see melting into them. This was a wise choice and one I would recommend to you if you make this. Also, nutritional yeast always makes such a yellow mashed potato color that I never know what to make of recipes that incorporate it, and yet, has nutritional yeast really ever been a bad idea? No. I just need to adjust to yellow potatoes.

It's funny how I grew up hating bell peppers, mushrooms, and onions, and now putting them all together makes for one of my favorite side dishes. We grow. We evolve. We eat more veggies. Life is good.

I'm starting to eat more tempeh. I've never disliked it, but it isn't so common to find recipes for it. This one was fortunately simple, looks really nice when it's done, and tastes pretty good, too. Altogether, a winning meal.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts