What I Ate in a Day #18

 Sometimes, I have both remarkably good meals and comically weird ones on the same day. This is one of those days.

For breakfast, I had some eggy toast (JUST Egg scrambled with mushrooms on some buttered (I Can't Believe It's Not Butter's vegan spread) on whole wheat toast and a kale-banana smoothie. I've been making a lot of kale smoothies since I took a bunch of kale from a co-worker who had too much in her garden and nobody else seemed to want any of it. My favorite combination of the moment is soy milk, orange juice, kale, almond butter, frozen banana, some cinnamon, and a bit of vanilla.

Lunch was a ham sandwich bento (Yves ham, Good Planet pepperjack, and Vegenaise on whole wheat). I had two little cups for garnishes--the chick has flaky salt, and the pig has sliced olives. They go with the cucumber and tomato slices, because I put everything on the sandwich when ready to eat so it doesn't get soggy. With that, I had some lentil crisps, fresh cherries, and a bit of dark chocolate.

At work, though I didn't drink it there, I picked this up at a meeting to have later when I was comfortable without a mask:


I'm not used to drinks like this anymore and it was very sweet! Good, but not as lemony as I had hoped.

I thought I'd photographed my dinner, but I must not have managed to get pictures of the whole thing. However, I had half a box of these pizza snacks with homemade ranch:


Unlike the picture on the box, they stuck to my baking tray in the toaster oven and burst open, such that they spread their cheesy goodness all over the place, which may be why I didn't bother with a photo. But they tasted fine.

But half a box of pizza snacks does not make a full dinner, so I made a protein-forward dessert.


This was half a cup of Silk non-dairy lemon flavored Greek yogurt with some vanilla granola and white chocolate chips. It was really good!

This day probably could have used more veggies, but we do what we can. Nutrition is supposedly about patterns rather than individual meals or days, so because I usually have tons of veggies I think this is fine. (I am not a nutritionist; do not take this for medical advice, please.)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts